George C. Tompson Single Shot Pistol (1096)
George Thomson established his gun lock business in 1819 at 4 Arthur Place, Edinburgh, and was appointed Gunmaker to His Majesty King George IV in 1828. He retired or died in 1832. In 1869 the name of the firm changed to Alexander Thomson & Son and they closed in about 1881.
This example of a George Thomson is a .50 caliber single shot percussion pistol with a 4 octagonal inch barrel, checkered walnut bag grips with silver escutcheon, and an ornate lion’s head butt cap. This gun has a folding trigger, articulated ramrod, and a safety. Scroll engraving to the frame. Very Good Condition.
Please contact us to purchase.